Yesterday we got about 8 inches of snow, maybe more. It’s not unusual for New Hampshire, except that we haven’t had a big storm like this since Halloween! We got Teddy in January, so he grew up in the snow, and he LOVES it!
Teddy as a pup in the snow :).
Puppy snow face :).
Teddy was very excited to go on some adventures in the snow yesterday!
Mmm tasty snow! One of his favorite snacks :).
After a day of adventures in the snow, we cooked up some delicious turkey burgers. I know a lot of people think a burger should be beef, plain and simple. But if you give these turkey burgers a try you may change your mind :). Turkey burgers are much healthier and a great source of protein. I love to add shredded veggies to the meat to make them even better for you (I promise you can’t taste them!). We paired our burgers with both sweet potato and parsnip fries – recipes for those coming at you later today! *We think we’ve finally perfected crispy fries, so you’ll want to try them!*
Random fact: did you know it’s extremely hard to find ground turkey that does not include artificial flavoring? I don’t know about you, but I prefer my turkey without artificial flavoring! Luckily, this week I was able to find pure ground turkey meat at the store. I’d recommend using that, as well as ciabatta rolls for your buns – so much more delicious than a burger bun!
These healthy burgers are so simple to make. Just do the following:
Mix together your shredded zucchini, turkey, garlic, onion and breadcrumbs.
Form your patties and throw them on the grilling pan or grill.
Cook them for a few minutes on each side.
And you have tasty turkey burgers!
Tasty Turkey Burgers
Adapted from Skinny Taste
- 1/2 lb turkey (makes 4 burgers)
- 1/3 red onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 small zucchini, grated and patted dry
- 1/4 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
1) Chop onion and garlic, and grate zucchini.
2) Dry zucchini with paper towels (this prevents the burger from being too soft).
3) Mix together all ingredients in a bowl.
4) Form burger patties with your hands.
5) Cook the patties on an oiled grill pan on medium high heat for about 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
6) Top with your favorite condiments and enjoy!