Race day is getting closer and closer. That means a certain someone checks weather.com multiple times a day. Yes, that would be me. I’m hoping that this little picture next to Saturday magically turns into a cloud, or even better, a sun!
Anyone else obsessed with checking the weather? I know that at the very least, my sister is – I guess it runs in the family! For a short period of my life, I actually wanted to be a meteorologist. Or a tornado chaser – I thought that would be the coolest job ever! I still think it would be pretty cool. But in the meantime, if you ever want to know the weather forecast, I’m your girl.
Enough worrying about the weather! How about I share my new favorite hummus recipe instead?
Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus! I don’t know why I’ve taken so long to make this fabulous combination. I love sun-dried tomatoes. I can eat them right out of the jar. One day soon, I will make my own.
This is by far the best hummus I’ve made – so full of delicious flavors! And it’s as easy as 1 2 3!
1 – Put all the ingredients in a food processor.
2 – Blend until smooth.
3 – Enjoy!
Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus
- 1 15 oz can of garbanzo beans
- 1 clove of garlic
- 14 sun-dried tomatoes, about 2 oz (this doesn’t need to be exact!)
- 2 tbsp tahini paste
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 4 tbsp olive oil *Note – My sun-dried tomatoes were not packed in olive oil.
- Drain and rinse the garbanzo beans.
- Put the all of the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth. *If you have a smaller food processor, I’d suggest first adding the garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, tahini, lemon juice, salt, paprika and olive oil pulsing until well combined, and then adding the garbanzo beans little by little and pulsing until smooth.