Delivery! Pizza Pizza!
Nothing brightens up the beginning of the work week like a mouthwatering, delicious pizza for dinner!
When Luke and I go out to dinner, I often hesitate on ordering pizza (or going to a pizza place) just because it is so easy and often more delicious to make pizzas at home. I prefer to order things I don’t usually cook (or don’t have the skills to cook!). Occasionally, I’m in a pizza mood and just not in the mood to cook. When that happens, one restaurant we like to frequent in Manchester is 900 Degrees. My favorite pizza there is called “Under the Tuscan Sun”. It’s topped with tomato sauce, mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts.
I’ve wanted to attempt to recreate the pizza before, but as I’ve mentioned, Luke and I are not skilled at cooking artichokes. The last time we had this pizza, it dawned on me that the artichokes they use are probably just the ones you find in a jar. Bingo! They were!
With that knowledge, I recreated the pizza!
Double yum! I don’t know why, but the combination of these toppings really just meld together and create a mouthwatering pizza!
And if you’re lazy and buy pre-made pizza dough, this pizza requires minimal effort, while still resulting in maximum taste .
Just let your pizza dough rest for about a half hour, preheat your oven with the pizza pan inside, and chop up your veggies and cheese.
When the oven and dough are ready, stretch out the dough to fit the pan. Brush the crust with olive oil and then spread the sauce all over the dough. Add the artichoke hearts and mozzerella and pop it in the oven. Bake it at 475 for about 15 minutes.
After 8 minutes, add the sun-dried tomatoes. Then pop it back in the oven and continue to bake for another 7 minutes.
Let cool for at least 5 minutes.
Slice and enjoy!
Sun-Dried Tomato Artichoke Pizza
- 1 ball of whole wheat pizza dough
- your favorite pizza sauce (I blend roasted zucchini into mine for an extra veggie serving!)
- 1 ball of mozzarella, sliced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 cup marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil (for crust)
- Let the pizza dough sit at room temperature for 30 minutes prior to using (this helps it stretch out better).
- Preheat your oven to 475 and place your pizza pan in the oven to preheat the pan.
- Slice your mozerrella, chop up your sun-dried tomatoes and chop up the artichoke hearts. You can use more or less of the toppings to taste and chop them bigger or smaller, depending on your preference. I like the have everything on each bit of pizza!
- When the oven is ready and the dough is ready to use, stretch the dough out to fit the pizza pan. Lightly oil the edge of the dough with the olive oil (this gives the pizza a nice crispy crust). Then spread the sauce all over the pizza, followed by the artichoke hearts and mozzerella.
- Bake at 475 for about 15 minutes. After about 8 minutes, take the pizza out of the oven and add the sun-dried tomatoes, then continue baking for another 7 minutes.
- Let cool for at least 5 minutes and enjoy!