Happy Friday! For me, this is a fabulous Friday because my grad school midterms are over and one week from today I will be in Las Vegas with Luke for one of my best friends’ wedding! I am so excited to be a bridesmaid and can hardly wait! I will be watching Father of the Bride this weekend to fully prepare :).
To make my Friday even better, I went on a 3 mile run and came home to a delicious breakfast of pumpkin yogurt and, you guessed it, pumpkin granola!
Pumpkin butter (recipe here) is truly the most essential ingredient for all fall recipes. Pumpkin granola might just be my favorite use for pumpkin butter, but there are so many that it’s hard to say! As long as you have pumpkin butter on hand, this granola is super easy to make and you’ll have a healthy and delicious fall inspired snack in a flash. I added pepitas (pumpkin seeds) to this batch, but you can make it plain or add anything you that looks good – almonds, raisins, etc. – be creative!
First, preheat your oven to 325 and mix together the oats, pepitas (if using), cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl.
Next, stir in the pumpkin butter, honey, and canola oil.
Spread it out evenly on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 325 for 25-30 minutes, flipping a couple times.
Let cool for 30 minutes and enjoy!
Makes about one medium mason jar.
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup pepitas (optional, almonds would be great too!)
- 6 tbsp pumpkin butter (recipe here)
- 4 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- Preheat your oven to 325.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and pepitas (if using).
- Stir in the pumpkin butter, honey, and canola oil.
- Spread the mixture out on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 325 for 20 minutes, flipping a couple times.
- Let cool for at least 30 minutes and enjoy!
*Note – the granola will harden as it cools. You may think it isn’t done after 20 minutes, but it will be once it cools!