Good morning! Even though the yoga challenge is over, I thought I’d give another update. I’m still enjoying yoga and going twice a week. Last night I did a flow class and I am feeling it today! It was the hardest yoga class I’ve done so far and I really loved the instructor. I’m making a note and going to try to go to her classes when I can. The only unusual thing about her class was that she (and everyone else) started chanting something three times at the end (ashanti maybe? something like that!). I had no clue what was going on, but I just went with the flow . I’m still not feeling the whole chanting and ohm thing, but I enjoy yoga nonetheless!
Parmesan Yogurt Tilapia
If you make a new recipe twice in one week, it has to be pretty good, right? Well, I made this parmesan yogurt tilapia twice in three days.
This recipe has apparently been floating around the blog world for a while, so when I saw it on Prevention RD, I decided to give it a try. I didn’t have super high expectations because, well, it was just tilapia. Boy was I wrong! I swear, yogurt sauces must just always be amazing! My yogurt chicken recipes (here and here) are two of my favorites, and this fish is definitely a new favorite too!
I couldn’t believe how easy it was. It literally takes 10-15 minutes total. Even on my busiest nights, I’ve got time for that! I think I may have this once a week. Really. It’s just too easy and too good not to!
First, preheat your oven broiler. Then mix together all of the ingredients except the fish, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
Season your tilapia filets with salt and pepper and transfer them to an oiled baking sheet. Broil for 2-3 minutes per side.
Remove from oven and spoon the sauce mixture evenly over each filet. Broil for another minute or two, until the tops of the filets are lightly browned.
Parmesan Yogurt Tilapia
Adapted from Prevention RD
- 3/4 lb tilapia (2 filets)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 heaping tbsp nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice*
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp of italian seasoning (or a few dashes of oregano, thyme and basil)
- Preheat your oven to broil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the parmesan, yogurt, lemon juice, garlic and italian seasoning.
- Season your tilapia filets with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the tilapia filets on a baking pan. Broil for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from oven and spoon an equal amount of sauce mixture over each piece of fish.
- Broil for another 1-2 minutes, until the tops of the fish are lightly browned.
*If you don’t have lemon juice, white wine works too! I made it with sauvignon blanc once and it was wonderful!