What happens when you combine tasty homemade Kale Walnut Pesto and pizza?
Pesto can be used in a myriad of different ways, but the best way might be on pizza. Pizza fanatic that I am, I’ve actually never made a pesto pizza. I’m glad I finally did! For all the pizza tomato sauce lovers out there, you won’t miss the tomato sauce on this pizza – trust me. And by using kale pesto as a sauce, you’re sneaking in a super food veggie onto your pizza!
The best part? If you’ve already made your pesto and buy a good pre-made dough, this pizza can’t get much easier to make!
Just preheat your oven (with the pizza pan inside) to 475. While you’re waiting, slice your tomatoes and mozzarella.
When the pizza pan is preheated, stretch out your dough to fit the pan and put some olive oil on the outer edge of the pizza (the crust).
Then spread the pesto all over the pizza.
Add the mozzarella and tomatoes and bake the pizza at 475 for 16 minutes. If you want to brown the cheese a bit, put the pizza on the top shelf in the oven for the last four minutes.
Let it cool for 5 minutes.
Slice and enjoy!
Kale Pesto Pizza
- 1 ball of pizza dough
- 1 tbsp olive oil (for crust)
- Kale Walnut Pesto (recipe here), I used about 6 tbsp
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1 ball of mozzarella, sliced
- Preheat oven (with pizza pan inside) to 475.
- Slice your tomatoes and mozzarella.
- When pizza pan is preheated, stretch out your pizza dough to fit the pan.
- Spread olive oil over the outer edge of the pizza dough for a crispy crust.
- Spread the kale walnut pesto all over the pizza.
- Add the tomatoes and cheese on top of the pesto.
- Bake at 475 for 16 minutes. Move the pizza pan to the top shelf in the oven for the last 4 minutes if you want the cheese to bubble and brown a bit.
- Let the pizza cool for 5 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy!