I had to push through my run again today, but I did it.
No matter how hard it is to finish my run, I always feel so great afterwords.
2. Absinthe (in Amsterdam, so the REAL thing)
4. Baba Ghanoush 5. Bagel and Lox (still hate it!) 6. Baklava
Barbecue Ribs (I’m from Texas, duh!) 8. Bellini
9. Bird’s Nest Soup
10. Biscuits and Gravy
11. Black Pudding
12. Black Truffle (does truffle oil on Mac ‘N Cheese count?) 13. Borscht 14. Calamari
17. Cheese Fondue (weekly happy hour at the Melting pot in DC) 18. Chicken and Waffles 19. Chicken Tikka Masala (my recipe here) 20. Chile Relleno
23. Clam Chowder
24. Cognac 25. Crab Cakes
28. Dandelion Wine
29. Dulce De Leche
32. Eggs Benedict 33. Fish Tacos 34. Foie Gras 35. Fresh Spring Rolls
36. Fried Catfish
37. Fried Green Tomatoes 38. Fried Plantain 39. Frito Pie
40. Frogs’ Legs
42. Funnel Cake 43. Gazpacho 44. Goat 45. Goat’s Milk 46. Goulash
49. Head Cheese
50. Heirloom Tomatoes
52. Hostess Fruit Pie (not sure why this is on here!) 53. Huevos Rancheros 54. Jerk Chicken
56. Key Lime Pie 57. Kobe Beef 58. Lassi
60. Mimosa 61. MoonPie
62. Morel Mushrooms
63. Nettle Tea
65. Oxtail Soup
66. Paella 67. Paneer
68. Pastrami on Rye
70. Phaal 71. Philly Cheese Steak 72. Pho
73. Pineapple and Cottage Cheese (not sure why this is on here!)
74. Pistachio Ice Cream
75. Po’ Boy
76. Pocky (love these!) 77. Polenta 78. Prickly Pear 79. Rabbit Stew
80. Raw Oysters
81. Root Beer Float (I HATE root beer ew.) 82. S’mores
84. Sea Urchin
88. Soft Shell Crab
89. Som Tam
91. Spam (why would you want to try this?!)
93. Steak Tartare 94. Sweet Potato Fries (my recipe here)
96. Tom Yum (one of my favorite soups!)
98. Venison (love venison tamales!) 99. Wasabi Peas (I HATE wasabi)
100. Zucchini Flowers
I’ve tried 57/100. Not too bad – I even beat my Mom! I’ve tried 41 of these in the last 5 years! Before that, I never would have even thought of trying most of these. I’m glad I did because some of my favorite things are on this list! Life without Tom Yum soup?! I can’t imagine it!
Five years ago, I had never eaten hummus or guacamole. The first time I encountered hummus, I gave Luke the “ew” face said “thanks, but no thanks”. I don’t know what I was thinking. Yesterday, I combined the two to make Hummamole!
Hummus + Guacamole = Hummamole! Don’t you love that word? 🙂
If you like hummus and you like guacamole, you will definitely like this combination. Using a food processor, it comes together in just a few minutes.
Just put all of your ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
You will likely need to stir it a few times with a spoon and blend again to get everything nice and smooth.
Enjoy with pita chips or tortilla chips!
Hummamole (Hummus + Guacamole)
Adapted from Gimme Some Oven
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt to taste (I used about 1/2 tsp)
- Put all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. You will likely need to use a spoon to stir and re-blend a few times because the mixture is very thick. I would also recommend stirring it in a bowl before serving in order to make sure the spices are mixed in evenly.
- Enjoy with pita chips or tortilla chips – your choice!