I did not have the best run today. I wasn’t feeling well last night and was still a bit under the weather today, but I decided to give a run a go anyways. I was only able to run for 20 minutes, with a walk break. Oh well, better than nothing!
After my run, I had a spinach smoothie. I was still a bit hungry, so I decided to bake some kale chips.
The first time I heard of kale chips, my reaction was pretty much, “ew gross! seriously?!”. Then one day, Luke made them and forced me to try one. I was pleasantly surprised! And I got a bit addicted. It’s pretty much impossible to have just one! When you bake them and add a little olive oil and spice, they end up being a salty, savory snack. You’ve probably noticed that kale is being referred to as one of the latest “super foods”. It’s high in fiber, beta carotene and has tons of nutrients – especially vitamins A, C and K. It’s also low in calories and high in antioxidants. However, once you try kale chips, you may not believe they’re as healthy as they are!
The possibilities are endless, but one of my favorite ways to make kale chips is with garlic salt and parmesan. Give these Addictive Garlic Parmesan Kale Chips a try!
First, rinse and dry your kale leaves.
Then toss your kale in olive oil and garlic salt.
Then add your grated parmesan and toss to combine.
Lay them out on a baking sheet and bake at 325 for 20 minutes.
And you’re done!
Addictive Garlic Parmesan Kale Chips
- 1/2 a bunch of kale (enough to fill up a salad spinner)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- a few tbsp grated parmesan
1) Preheat oven to 325.
2) Tear the leaves off of the kale stock.
3) Rinse and dry your kale leaves in a salad spinner.
4) Put kale leaves in a bowl and toss with olive oil first, then garlic salt.
5) Grate a few tablespoons of parmesan cheese on top and toss to combine (I used about 4 I think).
6) Spread the leaves out evenly on a baking sheet.
7) Bake at 325 for 20 minutes, until slightly browned and crisp.