My blog posts are few and between these days! I have quite a few recipes to share from the past few months, I just need to sit down and write them! It’s been a busy but fun spring over here.
We’ve had a mix of beautiful weather and rain here in Winston-Salem. Luckily, we had gorgeous weather for our one year anniversary a couple of weeks ago. We celebrated with a fun wine dinner at Raffaldini Vineyards.
Our anniversary weekend also coincided with another Pure Barre milestone. After completing my studio’s challenge of 21 classes in 31 days, I finally made it into the 100 club! I’m still loving Pure Barre, and I don’t think I’ll be switching up my routine any time soon.
As we’ve had a busy few months, I’ve been gravitating towards super simple and fast recipes. I wanted a healthy grab ‘n go snack to bring to work and desperately needed to use some browning bananas on the counter, so I found this recipe for banana muffins and decided to give it a try.
These muffins could not have been easier to make! I loved that all I had to do was throw all my ingredients in a blender, blend, and pour. No dirty bowl or spoons! And the batter is so much easier to pour from a blender than a bowl. Simple, healthy ingredients make these muffins a perfect snack. You can customize them by stirring in chocolate chips, berries, nuts – whatever your heart desires! These muffins have become a new staple in our house. I hope you give them a try!
Easy Banana Blender Muffins
Yields 12 muffins.
• 1 cup plain greek yogurt
• 2 ripe bananas
• 2 eggs
• 2 cups old-fashioned oats
• ¼ cup brown sugar or honey
• 1 ½ tsp baking powder
• ½ tsp baking soda
• ¾ cup chocolate chips, nuts, or berries to stir in
1) Preheat oven to 400.
2) Grease a muffin pan and/or muffin liners.
3) Add all of the ingredients (except the chocolate chips, nuts, or berries) to a blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
4) Stir in your chocolate chips (or other mix in).
5) Pour the batter into the muffin pan (about ¾ full).
6) Bake for about 15 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
7) Let cool for at least 10 minutes and enjoy!
Note: These keep for about a week, but can also be frozen and enjoyed later.