It’s a beautiful spring weekend here. We are about to depart to Kennebunkport. I can already imagine the cool ocean breeze and the sound of the water.
Teddy can hardly wait – he’s ready to get in the car!
But before we head out, I had to share this awesome Cheesy Zucchini Squash Bake that I made last night.
It’s a quick, easy and delicious way to add some veggies to your meal!
First, preheat your oven to 350 and chop your veggies.
Grate your cheese.
Then throw all of the ingredients (except 1/2 cup of mozzarella) in a bowl and stir to combine.
Transfer the mixture into a greased baking dish. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Then add the remaining cheese to the top. Bake for another 10 minutes, then broil for 5 minutes, until the vegetables are cooked through the cheese is golden brown.
Let cool for a couple minutes and enjoy!
Cheesy Zucchini Squash Bake
Adapted from Kalyn’s Kitchen
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into half moons
- 3 small summer squash, sliced into half moons
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup grated mozzarella (or any pizza blend), divided
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Slice your zucchini and summer squash into half moons.
- In a large bowl, combine the zucchini, squash, green onions, basil, thyme, garlic powder, 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella, 1/2 cup grated parmesan and salt and pepper to taste. Stir until everything is evenly distributed.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Then add the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese to the top.
- Bake for another 10 minutes, then turn on your broiler and broil for about 5 minutes, until the vegetables are cooked through and the cheese is golden brown.
- Let cool and enjoy!