My afternoon run today was alright, but a bad side cramp and my shin splint stopped me after running for 28 minutes (34 minutes including my warmup and cool down).
In other news, I’m getting excited to watch the season premiere of Mad Men tonight (didn’t catch it last night)! If anyone else out there is a Mad Men fan, did you know there is a Mad Men cookbook?! I came across that today and thought it was pretty funny. I would bet a lot of the recipes are pretty unhealthy and contain a lot of butter, red meat and potatoes. I’m glad cooking has evolved since the 1960s, so I think I’ll skip the cookbook :).
Speaking of cooking, I have a new addiction I’ve been making all the time: carrot curls!
Super easy to make – the only problem is they shrink like crazy and you’re going to want more! I wish I had a machine that would make them in bulk!
First, chop your carrots into thin slices (as thin as you can get them!).
Then put them on an oiled pan, spray more oil on top, and sprinkle garlic salt all over them.
Bake them at 275 for an hour to an hour and a half (depending on your oven and how thinly you slice them). They will shrink up and come out looking like this!
- 2 medium carrots
- olive oil or another spray oil
- garlic salt, to your taste
- Preheat oven to 275.
- Peel carrots and cut them into thin slices (you can use a mandolin if you have one). You want them as thin as possible.
- Put them an oiled pan, spray more oil evenly over the top of them, and sprinkle garlic salt all over them.
- Bake for one hour, then check on them. If they are not curled and crispy, bake longer (it may take up to an hour and a half).