I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend! I have a full day ahead of me. First, I’m off to a beginner’s yoga workshop and then I’m hopping on a plane and flying home to Houston!
But before I leave, I couldn’t resist sharing this recipe with you – Amazing & Easy Avocado Ice Cream:
So. Good. The idea to make this delicacy sprang from my love of making avocado smoothie bowls.
It was unseasonably warm the other day, so I wanted to try to freeze it and make ice cream. One of my Delta Gamma sisters and fellow healthy living blogger, Sara, posted a recipe the other day for Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt and I used her genius technique on my smoothie bowl. It worked! A super healthy ice cream? Yes, please!
And if your skeptical about the tastiness of an avocado ice cream – this is coming from a girl who ate a giant bowl of ice cream every single night for the first 18 years of her life. I know my ice cream :).
It is incredibly easy to make. Here’s how its done:
Put all your ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
Pour it into a bowl and freeze it for a few hours or overnight.
Chop up the frozen smoothie bowl into chunks.
Put it in a food processor again and blend until smooth.
It might take a couple blends.
Scoop it out.
Enjoy! Don’t forget sprinkles :).
Amazing & Easy Avocado Ice Cream
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted
- 1 banana, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup vanilla Chobani greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup 1% milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
1) Place all ingredients (except sprinkles) in a food processor and blend until smooth.
2) Pour it into a bowl, cover, and freeze for a few hours or overnight (I froze overnight).
3) To get the frozen chunk out of the bowl, use Sara’s trick and run hot water on the sides and bottom of the bowl.
4) Cut the frozen chunk into smaller pieces.
5) Put it back in the food processor and blend until smooth and creamy.
6) Scoop it out, top with sprinkles, and enjoy!