My afternoon workout was a success – I met my new running goal! I ran for 25 minutes without taking a walk break. I know that doesn’t sound like much, but it’s an accomplishment for me! (I did a 3 minute walking warm up and 3 minute cool down).
I’ve been gradually adding more running time so that I can eventually get to running for 30 minutes with no walking breaks. And yes, I have a Garmin even though I haven’t run my first 5k yet . I honestly really think it helps keep me motivated and it makes it so much easier to track my runs! I have a foot pod that allows me to use it to track my runs on the treadmill too.
As I’m waiting in anticipation of watching hometowns on The Bachelor tonight , I wanted to share a healthy pancake recipe that Luke and I tried out yesterday. We made Apple Cinnamon Greek Yogurt Pancakes and they were so simple. We’re going to start making these more often and trying out different Chobani yogurt flavors in the recipe. It’s a 4 ingredient recipe, so you can whip them up quickly!
Apple Cinnamon Greek Yogurt Pancakes
Makes enough for 2 people, or you can save some batter and make them for yourself again!
- 6 oz container of Chobani Apple Cinnamon Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- a light spray of canola oil
1) Mix together yogurt and egg in a small bowl.
2) Mix together flour and baking soda in a mixing bowl.
3) Add wet ingredients to the mixing bowl and stir to combine (the batter will be really thick).
4) Spray canola oil on a pan and heat the pan to medium heat.
5) Spoon the batter onto pan (we made 7 smaller pancakes).
6) After a minute, flip the pancakes. I smooshed them down, waited another minute, and flipped again.
7) Flip pancakes until they are cooked through.