Happy Monday everyone! This is how both Teddy and I felt when my alarm went off this morning…
I let Teddy keep sleeping – but off to the gym I went! After my first 5 minutes on the treadmill I started getting major side cramps and thought it was going to be a bad run today. I told myself to try to run for 15 minutes and then I would take a walk break. After 15 minutes, amazingly, I was feeling much better! So I ran a full 32 minutes again! I can’t tell you how good it feels to be able to run more than 30 minutes 🙂
After my run I enjoyed some delicious nutella overnight oats – such a good mini running reward!
Now onto last night’s dinner – because trust me, it’s worth a mention! We made the most amazing chicken that was so simple to prepare. Healthy too! I must give credit to Luke’s sister for introducing him to the recipe :). It was a quick and easy preparation of a greek yogurt marinade. Then just chop up some chicken and let it absorb all those great flavors for an hour or so, and cook it up on a skillet. I love flavorful recipes like this that you can always count on and be able to whip up quickly. You can even prepare the marinade the night before. Perfect for busy weekday dinners!
Amazing Yogurt Marinated Chicken
Adapted from epicurious
- 3/4 lb of chicken, cut into small pieces (for two)
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup Chobani 0% plain greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 lemon, cut into rounds
- chopped scallion for garnish (optional)
1) Add crushed red pepper and paprika to a bowl and add 1 tbsp of warm water. Let sit for about 5 minutes until a paste forms.
2) Add yogurt, olive oil, red wine vinegar, tomato paste, salt and pepper to the paste and whisk to blend.
3) Stir in garlic and lemon slices and add chicken.
4) Marinade, covered, in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
5) Add chicken and lemons (discard the excess marinade) to an oiled skillet and cook over high heat for about 5 minutes, or until cooked through.
6) Serve with the cooked lemon slices and add scallion for garnish (optional).